Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Chi Kung / Qi Gong 4 years on

I am now into my 4th year of doing the 8 pieces of brocade.

Goodnews 1] I am still doing it. Why? I think it does have benefits. I do not feel cold the same way I used to. I can wake up easier with little sleep than before. Leg muscles have grown. (the reason why leg muscles have grown is that I sit deeper in the archer position for move [2]. I paid big attention to posture in that since January and that has had an effect. I can see why you have to wait for the benefits however, they do not come overnight. You grow like a tree, slowly.

Other things I do 'new' is to juggle the moves up every now and then. That can help concentration. I also and less concerned with a mechanical in and our breath to co-ordinate with moves. You do not have to do that anyway, so that is one thing less to force yourself to do. Sometimes it is co-ordinated, sometimes not.
I switch off my shoulder muscles more for the heaven / earth push hands. That move can make the shoulders tense if you do not pay attention. (Tense muscles means inhibited Qi flow).

I am more aware when I most likely to have a good session vs a session that is just exercise for exercise sake. If I wait until I am awake more / have eaten / have done some other physical activity then my mind is more quiet.

2] If you do forms / kata / jurus then doing Qi Gong should not be hard to keep up, really, as it is a health form. You need to watch your health and mind as it helps yourself and others too.

No comments: