View My Stats

Sunday, November 08, 2009

Some Videos I Made Earlier

Here are some vids on the dummy. They have the pegs taken out of the base to make the dummy move about and absorb energy. They are a drill on the dummy, involving backfist and a trap; boxing slips, and short and long range palms. I corrected one palm set, and tried it a new way. The videos had to be fixed from portrait angle, from phone, using software. Otherwise you would have to turn your head 90 degrees. I chose that angle as it allows for capture of body and dummy length. I am fond of portrait angles, but know of someone who is vehemently opposed to this camera angle and prefers landscape. This is an aesthetic rift that has emerged.

video


video video


video video

5 comments:

futurechessmaster said...

I like to train with a heavy bag. Broke a rib in jiu jitsu so I kind of stopped working out for a while.

midk said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
midk said...

check out my blog, fellow lover of martial arts, chess, and Lulu related things.
http://chessblogger.blogspot.com/

Littlefair said...

Are you using a hands in the air 'pleading' ready stance occasionally (Don't want any trouble....bang!)?

Looking good.

Do you have 'Dead or Alive' by Geoff Thompson? Good read.

Wooden Dummy Central said...

aye, I have fence ideas in there, which are in the same place as Wing Chuns hands anway. But yes.
I have yet to read Thompson's book , I want to get that.